In this blog, I review things (as if that wasn't made clear by the name). Movies, video games, music, TV shows... You name it. I'll review it.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
My First Post: Everything I'll Say About Yours Truly
For those of you reading this who don't know me, my name is Jordan Barbeau (something you probably noticed by now just looking at the top of this page). If you're here, it's probably because I know your personally, you're interested in my reviews, you love movies, or some combination of the three. I'm your typical teenage guy. I listen to music, I like girls, I play video games, and so on. One thing that separates me from other teens, though, is my writing. I love writing, and specifically, I love writing movie reviews. I started writing my reviews in January of 2009, and like any amateur, they started off a little rough (to say the least). I was told by dozens of people, however, that I had potential, a critical "gift." Who would've thought a nice guy like me would be so good at ripping movies a new one? So I wrote. And wrote. And wrote some more. Every review I wrote I did my best to improve what I may not have liked about the previous one, my writing style constantly evolving. I wrote so many movie reviews that my Journalism teacher and all the other kids in my class thought it would be a good idea for me to be the Head Editor of my school newspaper, something I had dreamed of since I joined the staff. My goal in life is to be a professional movie critic for a huge newspaper or magazine, and after much persuasion by friends and family alike, I realized that a good way to get a head start on that dream is to create a blog for all of my reviews. So you, whoever may be reading this first post (which turned out to be significantly longer than I originally planned), are helping me immensely simply by visiting this site. You do your part by reading my works, I'll do my part by keeping you entertained and informed about the goings-on of the cinematic world. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, don't you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment